Thursday, February 11, 2010

Digital Nation

There is no question that we live in a world of technology. Everything from constantly being distracted from class cause of the laptop that is right in front of us or even getting into a car accident cause we think that we are able to text and drive at the same time cause we are "great multi-taskers."

Like everyone else, I am stuck in this digital age. I always find myself on the computer doing something, whether its productive or not. I do not know how much of an impact this has had me considering I was raised in the midst of this revolution. It is hard for me to say that this technology should be considered a bad thing. Yes, it has controlled my life over the past years, but it has also provided a means of communication for me. Sights like Skype and Facebook has provided more of a way for me to stay connected with family and friends across the world.

I believe that one of the problems is that schools, such as Marist, are accepting the factor that the Internet has taken over our live. Sights like iLearn encourage us to be on the computer much longer than expected. In my current math class, my homework is done online. I spent hours on the computer doing it, hurting my eyes. I do not believe that an entire class, especially math, should be based online.

No comments:

Post a Comment